Friday, July 2, 2010

Old Friends and a New Camera!

We had the pleasure of hanging out with Bryce and Aditi today, who used to live in SD but then moved to Texas for his grad school. And clearly, hanging out with all their nieces and nephews has helped them develop quite the comfort level around babies and toddlers-- Nikos had a BLAST! He was in full "show-off" mode, wanting to show them EVERYTHING in his room. It was a one-breath, nonstop narration of everything he did and saw-- so funny! Anyway, we went to the park for a picnic, and I snapped a few pics with my new camera. Yup, a new camera! But in case it wasn't obvious, this camera is of the smaller, point-and-shoot variety. I LOVE my big camera (LOVELOVELOVE it!), but it is really bulky and inconvenient to carry along on, say, a trip to the park. And my old point-and-shoot is bulky and doesn't take nice pictures. I bought this new one using my credit card reward points, and so far, so good! I especially love how tiny it is. Yay for having options!

Anyway, here's Aditi helping Maya up the stairs...

And Mr. Nikos, modeling his "I'm-too-cool" shades

Maya led Bryce all the way up to the top of the structure, and was fully prepared to walk right down the curly slide... but was (fortunately) carried down on Bryce's lap instead

And... the King of the Sandbox!

All in all... a great day! I hope we get to hang out again before they head back home!

No comments: