Friday, July 16, 2010

Non-Baby-Related News!

This is more relevant to my photography business, but today was a big day for me!! I recently filed my Fictitious Business Name paperwork with the county clerk's office. That was a big step, but really didn't mean much. I mean, I could choose to go into business or not, and it wouldn't really matter. But today, I took the plunge! I applied for my California seller's permit, got my city business license, and opened a business bank account. So... It's official! Sweet Briar Photography is open for business, and I am super excited. I was also pleased to learn that the business account was free, and that I qualified for a business credit card with no annual fee and a high line of credit-- and that having said card does not affect my personal credit whatsoever. I think this will be really useful for making future business-related purchases. Well, having the bank account in general will be really good for keeping detailed records of all these things.

At any rate... I have my first paying client next week, and a few more scheduled down the line. I am so excited! I feel nervous at the same time, as I am still trying to figure out exactly how taxes will work, but I am ready for the challenge. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: