Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day Two Potty-Training Wrap Up!

So today started with an accident... followed by a very promising pee-in-the-potty, followed by three more accidents. One of those was a not-so-nice poop accident-- ewww! After that, I was beginning to feel a little discouraged. I mean, he did really well at pooping in the potty yesterday, so it seemed like a step backward! Still, I focused on the positive. I gave him tons of praise for peeing in the potty. And then he said we should bake a cake! Really, he said he wanted to make one! I couldn't resist. So we made a mini chocolate cake (one-fourth of the regular recipe). As always, he enjoyed dummping in the ingredients, mixing them all together, and providing me with regular updates as he stared at it through the oven window while it baked. Funny guy! Here is my little baker in action!

From that point on, there were no more accidents! He went again in the potty (#1), and that was that! He even wore underwear for his nap! I was so proud of my big boy! He never did poop in the potty today, but that's okay. I think his accident was a fluke. For the most part, he is really good about saying that he needs the potty, and making a run for it. And then, of course, he hangs out in there with his reading material...

Funny guy! At any rate, tomorrow is day 3, so we'll see how he does. But I have been really impressed so far-- I expect great things!

No comments: