Monday, July 12, 2010

About My Girl...

I feel like, with potty-training and everything, so many posts lately have been about Nikos. And meanwhile, Maya has literally been changing from day to day! Not only does she have more words than just a week ago, but she is a walker! Yes, she's been toddling for a while now, taking a few steps here and there, but she quite suddenly starting walking all. the. time. While I was getting dinner ready this evening, I watched as she literally did laps around our kitchen island. She may still look like Frankenstein, but she is getting GOOD! She is so confident, and so fast! Look out, world, because here comes Maya!

That video was one I took at my parents' house yesterday, where we went so that we'd be out of the house for the cleaning lady this morning (and so I could do a photo shoot for a friend who lives near my parents). While we were there, we went to the park. Nikos made friends with a highly entertaining three-year-old girl who was the biggest drama queen I have ever met (hence the highly entertaining aspect of the whole thing). She was constantly telling Nikos what to do, and he, being his good-natured self, followed her instructions. haha! Meanwhile, Miss Maya showed us that she can hang with the big kids just fine, thank-you-very-much... She crawled through the tunnel...

Then she tried to climb the slide, but was thwarted by gravity. She had enough, so she took off (walking, of couse!)

And back at the ranch, she relaxed on the chaise lounge while her brother rode in the swing. It's rough being one!

No comments: