Friday, September 4, 2009

Mr. Mom

Well, tonight was Back to School Night for me. I have to say, it went fantastically well! My presentation was right on-- the house was packed, I got through all my material without becoming boring or monotonous, and even got a few laughs at the right times (good audience!). Two parents even said it was the best Back to School Night performance presentation they had ever been to-- haha! But the best part was that the parents left at the right time. I had told the kids to them I would need to leave right when it ended, and they seemed to get the memo! The ones who needed to chat with me about various things came early, and the rest left right at the end. It ended at 6:45, and I made it home to nurse Maya to sleep at 7pm. How is that for awesomeness? It was fantastic!

Meanwhile, Gus played Mr. Mom. He washed bottles, gave both kids their baths, and they were ready for bed when I walked in the door. He did an excellent job. He even grabbed my camera and took this cute picture of Nikos at dinner time. I guess he just couldn't decide if he wanted milk or water-- so he had both!

Anyway, it went well, and now it is over. Hooray! :) And a three-day weekend looms ahead (complete with a date night, thanks to my parents). I can't wait!

No comments: