Saturday, February 28, 2009

Little Booger's New Tricks

Have I mentioned just how "busy" Nikos has been lately? And how he just gets busier all the time? This morning, he figured out how to do two new things that will definitely keep Mommy and Daddy on their toes for a while:

1. He has discovered that he can get out of bed during his naps. We have been lucky so far in that he seemed to think that he was stuck in his bed. Funny thing is, he has always climbed in and out of it, no problem, during playtime. But there was some sort of psychological barrier that kept him from climbing out at nap time or during the night-- some sense of "I was put to bed, and this is where I am supposed to stay." It was great! But... Not any more! This morning, I put him down for his nap and walked out of the room. Minutes later, I heard him playing with one of his toys... then sliding open the closet door (there's nothing he can get to in there)... then banging on his bedroom door, calling, "Mama! Mama!" in his sweet little voice. I went back in, put him back in the bed, and thought we were good... Ten minutes later, he was up and playing with his toys. We just let him be until he fell asleep who-knows-where (I'm afraid to go peek-- what if he's right on the other side of the door?). He's been asleep almost an hour now. Here's hoping this doesn't become a trend!

2. As I was washing dishes this morning, he was playing peacefully in the kitchen. He had opened a low drawer in our kitchen island, the one containing paper goods (paper plates, napkins, etc.), and was proceeding to empty and refill it. Then it got quiet, so I peeked over to see what he was doing. And this is what I saw:Little booger!!! He was so proud of himself, though, that I couldn't help but think it was completely adorable. He sat in there and played with a plastic spoon for a good 20 minutes. Then he tried standing up in the drawer, and I ended that game. Still... Aack! We are doomed! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that's my greek nephew!