Thursday, February 5, 2009

Failure Times Two

First, a video of my little "failure to thrive" kiddo. Really, he is the poster child for malnourishment, don't you think? Ugh... Still so annoyed!

(FYI, Gus was hitting him with the washcloth because, up until I started taking this video, it was making Nikos laugh hysterically. Of course he had to stop when the camera was rolling!)

On another note, I found out today that I failed my one-hour glucose test yesterday. Doh! After one hour, my glucose level should have been somewhere between 80 and 130. Mine was 150, which is considered "slightly elevated." Slightly enough that my diet yesterday could have affected the results, since I was not required to fast prior to the test. And, being the sweet tooth that I am, I could not pass up the lovely sugary cake that was sitting in the teacher's lounge at recess. So I think I pretty much shot myself in the foot on that one.

So what does it all mean? It means that I could possibly have gestational diabetes, though I honestly doubt it. I have to go back in for a three-hour glucose test, which I have heard is decidedly un-fun. I have to fast all night, skip breakfast, and go for the test first thing in the morning. If my glucose levels are normal, then all is good. If they're not, then I have to set up an appointment with a dietitian and go on the diabetic diet (which also sounds quite unappealing). So... let's just hope I pass, because I'm tired of "failing" at everything this week! I will call tomorrow to set up the appointment.

No comments: