Monday, February 9, 2009

More Good News & Bad News

The good news is that I passed the 3-hour glucose test with flying colors! I do not have gestational diabetes, and am free to continue indulging my gigantic sweet tooth as needed. YES!!

The bad news is that it poured today, and that the rain will likely continue throughout most of the week. While this is normally something to celebrate where we live (we can always use the water!), it makes for a really miserable work week. Especially when the place you work happens to be undergoing massive construction. Not only is the whole school located in one giant mud puddle, but the convenient parking lot is shut down for the year-- meaning that everyone has to park in the upper lot, which is quite an uphill/downhill hike (depending on which way you're going). Throw in some blowing-sideways rain and a raincoat that won't close since it's not maternity-sized, and you've got one soggy and freezing teacher. And that was at 7:15am-- not a great way to start the day! The good news is that at least they have finally fixed the heat in my building. Oh, and that my ceiling didn't leak (my neighbor's did-- in two spots). I am going to be so glad when this construction is finished and we have a nice new school, but getting there is pretty miserable on days like today!

No comments: