Sunday, February 1, 2009

Busy Saturday

I. Am. So. Sore. I am fairly certain that almost, if not all, of my joints and muscles are screaming at me right now. The good news is that we got a TON of stuff done today! I actually took Nikos up to my parents' house this weekend, so that he could get in some quality Grandma and Grandpa time and we could really focus on our home improvement projects. And that is exactly what we did all day today!

I started the morning by scraping the "popcorn" off the ceiling of Rainbow's closet. It's not a difficult thing to do (spray on water. wait. scrape off.), but it involves working with your arms over your head, which can get pretty exhausting. And it makes an awful mess, though I did have the foresight to throw down a vinyl dropcloth beforehand. Once that was done, I handed the closet over to Gus to work on his built-in drawers. It took him almost the entire day, but it's finished! Well, the installation, at least. It still needs paint (as does the rest of the closet interior), but that will be on the "to do" list for tomorrow. It looks fantastic!

Meanwhile, I removed and painted the closet door, and hung new white curtains over the window. I then assembled Nikos' toddler bed. I convinced Gus to help me move the bed into Nikos' room, and then I proceeded to disassemble the crib so that we could move it to the new baby's room. We ended up moving the crib, the rocking chair, and the changing table all into the new baby's room, which meant that Nikos' room got a makeover of its own! He got two new beanbag chairs (one that looks like a football and one that looks like a baseball), the toddler bed, and some new drawers in his closet for storing his clothes. I even made him a little reading area, with his comfy chair, stuffed animals, and lots of books. I can't wait to see his face when he sees what has happened to his room!

His sister's room is looking great, too. There is still a lot of junk in there (remnants from the room's former life as our office), and the closet needs to be finished inside, but everything else is looking fantastic! I made up her crib with all the linens and everything, and it is just how I imagined. I also attached a mirror to the back of her closet door (which I repainted and reinstalled with new hardware this afternoon). Oh, and I found a really cute little message board while I was out shopping that totally matched the colors in the bedding, so I will be mounting that on the wall, too. So much to do!

Anyway, that was our day... Tomorrow should be a little slower, since we got the big stuff finished today. Plus, our friends Bryce and Aditi are back in town for the weekend (they live in Texas now), so we'll be meeting them for brunch. I can't wait to see pictures from their big wedding in India!

No comments: