Sunday, January 25, 2009

She's So Heavy

(and if you don't know the Beatles song I am referring to, I suggest you get yourself a copy of Abbey Road ASAP!)

Anyhow... I feel gigantic. All of a sudden, my belly is starting to get in the way of my day-to-day activities. Like, say, putting on socks and shoes. Up until very recently, I could sit on the bed, pull one leg up at a time, and get the job done. Tonight, after showering, I hopped around the bedroom for a few minutes, trying to get a single sock on. I ended up just sitting on the floor to do it. The problem with doing that is that it has also become more difficult to hoist myself back up to standing. Let the fun begin!

I've also noticed I just feel, well, heavy lately. After sitting for a bit, I will stand up and notice that all the joints in my pelvis feel sore. I guess it's the relaxin starting to kick in-- that wonderful chemical that causes pregnant ladies' joints to go all loosey-goosey in preparation for delivery. Well take note of this, body: I am having a scheduled c-section! So really, you can ease up on the relaxin production, because it's just not necessary. And downright uncomfortable, too!

In happier news... We are making slow but steady progress on preparing ourselves for Rainbow's arrival (hehe! I giggle whenever I call her "Rainbow!"). We stayed out of her room completely this weekend, mainly because Nikos was too cute and we decided to spend the time playing with him instead. But we did make several big purchases that will help everything come together: a toddler bed, two bean bag chairs (one that looks like a baseball and one that looks like a football), and a small computer armoire. The first two items will free up the crib and glider that are currently in Nikos' room-- they will be moved to Rainbow's room. The armoire will go next to the piano, and give us a place to hide all our computer stuff that used to be in the office. So, we're getting there! Next weekend will be a work weekend, so here's hoping we get a lot done!

And finally... I found this pattern online today for DIY nursing covers, which I am very excited about! I am hoping that I can find some fabric this week, and that my mommy (the expert seamstress) will make one for me. (pretty pretty please??? I know you're reading this!) She has already agreed to re-cover the cushions from the glider so that they will match Rainbow's room AND she's working on a top-secret quilt, but I hope she can squeeze this in because it would be AWESOME! :)

No comments: