Monday, January 12, 2009

The Queen of Bargains Strikes Again!

I don't know what it is lately... First, I found the impossible-to-find crib sheet on CraigsList for a whopping $10. Then I found the great crib mattress for under $12. And then the nice girl from my web forum sent me the Ergo infant insert for free! And now, well... "now" takes the cake!

I posted the other day about how we had decided on a double stroller. After reading all the reviews and test-driving various models, the decision was an easy one. Sadly, the stroller I loved retailed for about $270. Not cool! I then found out about an offer where this very stroller was selling for $149 on Amazon. By the time I convinced Gus we needed it, it was sold out, and I was mad. BUT... it turned out to be a pricing error, and all the people who ordered it had their orders canceled promptly. So I didn't really miss it, anyway.

Fast forward to yesterday... I paid a visit to my newest BFF, CraigsList. And wouldn't you know-- someone was selling my dream stroller, hardly used, for $120! They said they didn't use it more than ten times-- it was one of numerous strollers they had for their triplets, and they ended up using another one instead. So Gus drove to check it out after work today, and ended up buying it! So we got a nearly-mint-condition stroller for $120, when they most certainly paid at least $250 for it. I'd call that a good deal! And ain't she a beaut? :)

Anyway... I seriously cannot believe all the amazing bargains that I've been finding. It's like the universe knows that we aren't getting as much help as we did last time (in terms of big-ticket gifts). I am determined to make sure our baby girl has just as much nice stuff as her big brother-- even if that means getting a little creative! :)

(which reminds me... I used some old gift cards to buy her the Daisy Garden quilt from Pottery Barn Kids, and then used another gift card from a student to buy the supplies for the name plaque I made her this weekend. I love "free" stuff!!)

Oooh!! And I nearly forgot! I decided to buy a new cover for our infant carseat, mainly because I got sick of looking at the old one and found a good deal on this replacement set. Well, wouldn't you know-- it's the exact same pattern as the stroller! Pure coincidence-- no joke!

No comments: