Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another day, another appointment

You know, sometimes I feel like I might as well just live at the doctor's office! In addition to going for all of Nikos' well-baby (and sick baby) appointments, I have to go for all my prenatals, too. And that adds up to quite a bit of time! The receptionist in Ob/Gyn and I are on a first-name basis now. And I'm barely halfway through this pregnancy yet!

Anyhow... I was originally supposed to have an appointment with the Nurse Practitioner on December 23rd, but she had to cancel because she was sick. Debbie (my new receptionist friend) tried to get me in as soon as possible, but today was the first available day. And I ended up seeing a substitute doctor, since my doctor was away on business. At any rate, this other doctor was very nice, and we sat down and went through mu ultrasound results, line for line. He told me that everything was "disgustingly perfect," haha! :) And, according to the ultrasound, my due date has been moved to May 6th. Now, I happen to know that's not correct, but it basically means that the baby is measuring ahead. We listened for the heartbeat, and it was strong and steady. She's been bouncing all around in there all afternoon, so she must have heard all the good news! Hooray for good appointments!

We had to do some rearranging, since my next appointment was originally scheduled for two weeks from now (but I'm only supposed to go every four weeks). So my next appointment will be on February 4th, and that will include the lovely 1-hour glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. Fun! It wasn't bad last time, but I'm still worried that I could end up having GD because my mom did. But I guess I'll know in a month, right?

In other news... Nikos continues to be the cutest baby ever, and has even added a new word to his repertoire today: pizza! Thanks, Gus, for teaching him THAT one, haha! I guess Gus was eating pizza and trying to bribe Nikos to do something by giving him a few bites, and now the kid is a pizza fanatic. Great! Oh, and he's a dance machine, too, but I have yet to get a decent video of him boogeying down. It's hilarious!!

No comments: