Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nikos: Rock Star

As it turns out, Nikos is very popular with the little girls at his daycare... Two quick stories:

1. After I dropped him off at daycare yesterday, I stopped on Bonnie's front porch to sift through all the free Hallmark Christmas stuff she got from another parent and was giving away (woohoo! Free stuff!). A dad showed up with his little red-haired girl, whose name I can never remember. At any rate, the little girl (probably around 3 or 4 years old) ran into the house without giving him a kiss or hug goodbye. When he called after her to try and lure her back, her response was classic: "But I have to say hi to NIKOS!! I have to say hi!!!" I love it!!! This is the same little girl who, once upon a time, clung to Bonnie's leg as I was dropping Nikos off. She kept tugging on Bonnie's shirt and asking "Can I say hi to Nikos now? Can I???" hahaha!!

2. Today, after I got home and picked him up from Bonnie's, we made a quick run to the supermarket to get a few things. As we were headed toward the meat counter, I suddenly heard a little voice SHRIEKING, "MOMMY! That's NIKOS!!! THAT'S NIKOS!!!!!" And no, it wasn't the little red-haired girl... This was a little blondie, about the same age, and her mom looked mortified that she was making such a scene in the store and pointing at my son (I've met the dad before, but never the mom). Personally, I thought it was hilarious! Nikos, obviously recognizing her, smiled and pointed back.

That's right, my son has groupies. I guess this is the perk of going to a daycare where most of the kiddos are slightly older girls?!? hahaha!! :)

No comments: