Thursday, January 8, 2009

Friend

The great Vocabulary Explosion of 2009 continues! In addition to saying "waffle" (waffuh) and "pizza" (pita), Nikos has recently added a very important (and frequently used) word to his vocabulary: "Tee-tee!!"

What the heck is "tee-tee?" Well, that's what Nikos calls Teagen, the little boy who lives next door and goes to daycare with him. Bonnie calls Teagen (her grandson) "T" for short, and apparently Nikos has picked up on it. He calls out "Tee-tee! Tee-tee!" when Teagen wakes up from his nap, and even starts saying it when we walk over to daycare in the morning. And if we happen to walk by the refrigerator, he goes berserk over the invitation to Teagen's second birthday party (which has T's picture on it). The invitation is now all bent and crumpled because Nikos insists on holding it and pointing to "Tee-tee." And it's just the cutest thing ever!

The best part is that Teagen says Nikos' name, too, and Bonnie says he will sometimes point toward our house on the weekends and say "Nikos?" Like he wants to know where his little friend is! In a few months, once Nikos has perfected his walking, these kiddos will be able to play together outside on the weekends. How fun will that be?? :)

P.S. I got my Ergo Infant Insert in the mail today, and the lady who sent it is insisting I don't send her any money-- she says she got it as a gift and never used it, and is just glad that someone will get some use out of it. How nice is she??? I'm still going to send her a little something, but I can't believe my good luck. OH, and stay tuned... I found a really super-duper good deal on a great double stroller ($150 for a $300 stroller!)... I just need to talk Gus into agreeing with me! :)

No comments: