Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Baby New Year himself would like to say something:

Alright, alright... Maybe "Happy New Year" or "2009" might have been more fitting, but he's kinda small and that's all we could fit! :) Actually, this is the scene I saw when I walked in on Gus giving Nikos his bath tonight. Nikos LOVES those little letters, and normally sticks them all over the tub, but I guess tonight was daddy's turn to play? At any rate, I couldn't resist grabbing the camera!

We had a nice New Year's Eve this year. We opted to spend the evening working on the new baby's bedroom, and progress has been made! The walls are now in great shape, after some spackling, sanding, and painting. Gus got the crown moulding up without any problems, and caulked it all (along with the baseboards, which have needed it for a while). I just need to go in with my magical paintbrush to touch up a few places, and voila! The "bones" of the room will be in great shape! Gus even spent the day working on the built-in dresser that will go in the bottom of her closet. I'm thinking it will be finished in the next few days. Oh, and to top it all off, he was finally able to feel the baby moving this morning! Hooray!

Because this pregnancy is just flying by, I've started to panic a little bit about how Nikos is going to react when we bring home another little baby. He's so young, and he totally doesn't understand what's going on! On a shopping excursion yesterday, I decided to buy him a baby doll. Yes, you read that right: I bought our son a doll. Take that, gender stereotypes (Ka-POW!)! And I think it's cute, too!

Anyway... He's not all that interested in it yet, but I'm hoping we can teach him to be gentle to the baby, etc., so he's not too totally thrown off when the real baby gets here. But only time will tell, right? *Fingers crossed!*

Ok... off to touch up the paint with my aforementioned magic paintbrush. I'll post pictures (including "before" and "during" shots) when the room is all done! :)

No comments: