Monday, January 5, 2009

The Lucky Streak Continues!

As some of you may know, I regularly visit an online discussion forum dedicated to moms whose kids are all right around Nikos' age. Quite a few of them are pregnant with baby #2, also, so we have a lot in common. I love the site and all the support it has provided me, and actually feel like I've gotten to "know" some other moms on there who are really cool. It's the best-kept secret on the internet, I swear!

Anyhow... I was on the site a few weeks back, reading through the most recent posts, and someone mentioned that they were looking for the infant insert that goes with their Ergo baby carrier (the best carrier EVER! I raved about it here.). Another mom replied to her request, saying that she had the infant insert and would gladly GIVE it to her because she had no use for it. She just asked for shipping costs, which was totally reasonable. Well, after I saw that, I realized that I wanted to try the infant insert, too, so I posted another reply. Basically, I said "Ooh! If anyone else has one they'd like to sell, please let me know!"

Well... As it turns out, the mom who posted in the first place has the black/tan Ergo and didn't want the (basically free) teal insert because it didn't match. Foolish, if you ask me! But guess who has the black/teal Ergo??? Awww yeah!! So the mom who was willing to give it away sent me a note saying I could have it, if I wanted. YES!!! She said she used it once or twice and couldn't get used to it, so it's practically in brand-new condition. This thing retails for anywhere from $25-$38!!! I didn't want to pay that amount, in case I didn't like it, but to pay just the shipping costs? Awesome! Even better is that she lives in Los Angeles-- so the shipping costs should be really reasonable AND it should get here quickly.

I just can't believe these great deals that keep falling into my lap. Thank you, universe! :)

No comments: