Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ode to my Ergo

Oh Ergo, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Seriously, I just need to take a moment to talk about how very, very much I love my Ergo! It's basically a baby carrier-- it can be worn as a front carrier, a hip carrier, or as a backpack (which is how I generally use it). I got the Ergo after Nikos got too heavy for the Baby Bjorn-- which was really quickly! My back was killing me, and I could never get anything done because the Baby Bjorn was a front-only carrier (so it was always in the way). A number of people recommended the Ergo, and after doing some research, I decided to get it. It's not the most beautiful carrier in the world, and it required quite a bit of practice to get the hang of it (Gus still doesn't know how to do it). However... I can officially say that it is one of my all-time favorite, indispensable baby items! I use it everywhere-- trips to the grocery store, Target, wherever. It leaves my hands free and my shopping cart empty. It puts all the weight on my hips instead of my back, so it doesn't hurt me AT ALL. And Nikos is super comfy and relaxed back there... he chatters happily and sticks his hands out to try and grab magazines at the checkout stands. I also use it to vacuum the house or wash dishes when Nikos is cranky. It is a miracle! I honestly cannot say enough good things about it. And there you have it... Ergos officially rock!

No comments: