Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Littlest Radiohead Fan?

He may not look very much like me, but I think Nikos may have inherited my (excellent) musical tastes! :P I had my follow-up doctor's appointment this afternoon, and it took longer than expected. By the time we got back in the car, it was almost time for the peanut to eat-- and he was NOT a happy camper! Even listening to the Baby Bach CD wasn't working-- and that can usually calm him down (or put him to sleep) in about 5 minutes. He was crying and crying and crying, but I kept playing Baby Bach in hopes that it would work its magic. No such luck! But then the CD finished, and my changer switched over to another CD before I realized what was happening. That CD happened to be The Bends, by Radiohead-- one of my veryvery favorite albums of all time and one that I'd been listening to a LOT in the month or so before Nikos was born. And guess what? He became quiet almost instantly!! I thought maybe he had just worn himself out and fallen asleep, but NO! A quick check at a red light revealed that he was completely alert and calm! He started fussing a little during the second track, but calmed down when I skipped to track three:

Radiohead - High &...

I couldn't believe it! The rest of the ride home was so peaceful... I don't know if it was a fluke, or if the music was familiar to him from when he was still in my belly, but it was so cool! And such a nice change of pace for me (I love Bach and all, but a little grown-up music is good for my mental health!). This theory still requires further testing, but HOORAY for now!

No comments: