Monday, December 10, 2007

Eeeewwww...

So we got off to an interesting start today...

Nikos woke up at 8:00 (he let me sleep in a little, hooray), and I changed his diaper. He was acting hungry, so I decided to feed him in my bed while I watched "Good Morning America" on TV. As I was scooting myself back up against the pillows and into my feeding position, he decided to spew. He spit up all over the front of my pajama top and bottoms, all over the front of his clothes, on his hand, and he managed to hit both his feet. He's never spit up that much before-- maybe it could actually be considered throwing up?? I need to look that up. Anyhow, there are two distinct varieties of spit up: the kind that looks like milk and the kind that looks like curdled milk. And of course it was the curdled kind. Yuck!!

Anyway, I really wanted to avoid getting the spit-up on the bed linens, because they're much more of a pain to change than my PJs are. I very carefully grabbed a burp cloth, wiped Nikos off as best I could, and laid him down on the bed so I could take my pajamas off and put on my robe. Just as I was about to pick him up again, he did one of his Power Poops. I needed to change his outfit, anyway, so I picked him up and headed for the changing table. But guess what?? Poop managed to leak out and get onto both the sheets AND the duvet cover. Eeeewww!!!

But wait, there's more! I thought the poop had leaked out one of his leg holes, which is what usually happens when he leaks. I laid him down on the changing table and pulled the onesie up over his head. I left his head resting on it like a pillow. That's when I realized that the poop had shot up his back and out the top of the diaper. The back of his onesie was all poopy. And guess whose head was resting on the wet, poopy spot???

Needless to say, I washed him thoroughly and put all the poopy items in the washer. Oh, that was another thing-- I started the washer and THEN realized that it was already full of clean clothes that I had forgotten to move to the dryer. It's amazing how much laundry I've been doing lately!

Anyway... I had to laugh, because when all was said and done, Nikos was so happy and smiley! As I dressed him again, he was smiling and squealing "ba!!" My guess is that his tummy was bothering him, and he felt much better after emptying himself from both ends.

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Eewwwww!! I've heard of those up the back explosions, but thank god have never experienced one myself. I had to laugh at the part about putting the poopy clothes in with the clean ones in the washer - I've done that myself more times than I care to admit :) Glad the little guy is feeling better! And thanks for your sympathy about our kitty...