Saturday, December 22, 2007

Great Grandma Patty

Today, Nikos met one of his three living great-grandparents (the other two are Gus' grandmothers, and they both live in Greece):

My Grandma Patty has been visiting with my parents for the past few days, and today all three of them drove down for lunch. We got off to a rough start, though... I had decided to give Nikos a bottle instead of breastfeeding him, since he was hungry and they were due to arrive any minute (I didn't want to be holed up in the bedroom breastfeeding him for half an hour when they arrived). Up until about two weeks ago, we were giving him one bottle of expressed breastmilk a day to get him used to the idea, and he had no problems taking it. So we stopped giving him one every day, thinking it was a non-issue... BIG MISTAKE! The little guy has decided he much prefers actual breastfeeding, and he has refused to drink from a bottle the last two times it was offered. He drank maybe half the bottle today, and then I ended up breastfeeding him. Before I gave in and breastfed, though, we tried for a long time to get him to take the bottle... and he was seriously angry about it. So he cried for a lot of the visit, but ultimately calmed down and got lots of quality time with his Great Grandma Patty. :)

I'm worried, though, about the whole bottle thing... He starts daycare in two weeks! Gus has this whole week off, so we're going to work on getting him back to a bottle a day. I think it might help if I leave the house completely while he feeds him... We'll see...

No comments: