Friday, December 21, 2007

The Big Kids

So, my little one met the big kids today (translation: my 5th-grade students). I was a little hesitant about bringing him to see them, but I made a promise months ago that I would bring the baby to met them on the last day before winter break. And I knew that if I went back on my word, I would have to suffer the consequences when I return to work in January. Knowing this group of kids, they would harp on and on about it until I went insane. And that's not good!

Anyway, it went well! They were SO EXCITED (I had to stop the shrieking!) to see him-- he was quite the celebrity! One kid even brought his camera JUST to take pictures of him, which I thought was hilarious. Paparazzi! A bunch of them asked if they could hold him, but I ended up only letting one little boy hold him (I used the excuse that we were out of time and I had to go-- one kid who wanted to hold him was covered with orange Cheeto dust. I think not!!). I wanted to let this boy hold him because he is so totally into babies, and has a baby brother of his own that he is so protective of. Sure enough, he's a pro at holding babies! He was even rocking him gently and telling the other kids not to touch Nikos' face or hands because they could give him germs. It was so cute! The whole time, Nikos was calm and alert, and he even smiled at a few kids. Once we left my classroom, I went to visit with my coworkers in the staff lounge, where he promptly fell asleep. So we had a successful visit! After that, we came home, I fed him, and he promptly went to sleep for a two-and-a-half hour nap. Hallelujah!!

No comments: