Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Did It...

"I did it," she blurted out, "I tasted my own breast milk!" (Sorry if that was too much information for some of you!) ha ha!! I had been planning to try it all along-- I mean, this is what I'm feeding my baby, so shouldn't I know what it tastes like?? And a lot of books recommend tasting it if you're planning to pump and freeze milk for later on (which I'm doing). That way, you can tell if it's spoiled. Anyway... Despite my curiosity, I still had to sort of "psych myself up" for it. It's hard to get over the fact that, well, it came out of me! But guess what? It's not bad!!! It tastes like cow's milk, only thinner and sweeter. Almost like coconut milk. I can see why Nikos prefers it hands-down over the formula he drank in his early days. The smell of formula alone is enough to make me sick!

And that was my weird-but-true moment for the day. Goodnight! :)

No comments: