Sunday, December 16, 2007

Crappy Diapers (pun intended!)

Ever since Nikos was born, he has used the same type of diaper almost continuously. We haven't had any major problems with this particular type, with the exception of the one time poop leaked up his back (which, to be honest, is partially his fault for blasting it up there!). Anyhow, he's been wearing the size 1's, but seems to be just about ready for the 2's. Gus needed to order a few things from Drugstore.com the other day, and he wanted free shipping, so he added a pack of the size 2's to his order-- they should arrive on Tuesday. In the meantime, we have officially run out of the smaller ones. So, I busted open a pack of another type of diaper (which shall remain nameless!). My mom accidentally bought this pack for us when she meant to get the other kind, and they happen to be size 1's, so I figured they could hold us over until Tuesday. But now I'm not so sure!

The very first one we put on him leaked pee all over my belly as I was breastfeeding him yesterday. Fun! The next two both leaked poop out the leg holes. And that's not even the worst of it (in my opinion). The worst part is that Nikos gets upset the INSTANT he poops/pees in this type of diaper. I was trying to feed him this morning, and he started screaming! He had just pooped, but it was bothering him so much he couldn't stay latched on to finish breakfast! And when he gets all worked up like that, he swallows a lot of air and has to be burped a lot (or else he'll spit up like crazy). As soon as we changed him, he calmed down. But this has NEVER happened with the other type of diaper. So I'm really annoyed... And, strangely enough, both types of diapers are made by the same company. How can one type be so much better than the other???

Anyhow, this brings me to my predicament du jour: Do I go buy more of the good diapers to last me until Tuesday? Or do I tough it out with the crappy ones until the new ones arrive? If I do buy diapers, do I get size 1's (which he might soon outgrow) or do I risk the size 2's (which might be too big)? Gus thinks we should tough it out, but I'm not entirely sure... hmm...

No comments: