Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vivid Dreams...

I'm not sure if this is caused by pregnancy, but I would guess that the bountiful hormones floating through my bloodstream are to blame for the super vivid dreams I've been having. You know the ones I'm talking about-- they seem completely real, and they stick with you all day long. Over the past few nights, I've had three of these, and they've been crazy! So if someone could please open up a dream dictionary and tell me what these mean, that would be great... :P

1. On Monday night, I dreamed that I was in labor and giving birth. This was taking place Tuesday (yesterday), the day before school started. The labor was super easy and pain-free (without meds, too). He just slid right out after two pushes. That part was great. However, this was definitely a nightmare... the whole time, I was panicking about missing the first day of school and getting a sub to teach my class... and my boss was still forcing me to take maternity leave until January, which would cost me a LOT of money. It was really weird... Kind of like a birth dream AND back-to-school nightmare, rolled into one.

2. Last night, I dreamed that I got home from work, and our front porch was absolutely COVERED with packages of all shapes and sizes. All filled with baby presents! This was a good dream. :) And understandable, since we've been getting at least one package pretty much every day for the past few weeks...

3. Here's the weirdest one: Last night, I dreamed that Gus and I were at an air show, though I don't recall seeing any planes or anything. The show itself was in a shallow valley, and we were sort of up on the hillside. At the bottom of the valley, there was some kind of very large structure-- like a parking structure, or a very complex freeway interchange with lots of tunnels. All of a sudden, a tanker truck filled with gasoline was somehow launched out of this structure and way up into the sky, where it collided with a helicopter and exploded. Flaming debris started raining down all around us, and everyone was screaming. Except me. I was just standing there, numb. Next thing I know, Gus is grabbing my arm and telling me that we should go down to the structure (whatever it was) to get a better view. But when we got there, it was like the whole scene had re-set itself. We were standing in the structure, trying to see the helicopter in the sky above, when the tanker truck came out of nowhere and started to chase us. Before it could run us down, something (a gas vent??) erupted below the structure and blasted the tanker into the sky (where it hit the helicopter and exploded all over again). Seriously, it was one of the weirdest and most vivid dreams I have ever had. But what on Earth could it mean??

Anyway... it's been a weird couple of days! I wonder what tonight will bring...?

No comments: