Thursday, August 9, 2007

Today Sucks.

That about sums it up. Today has been truly crap-tacular. I guess it actually started yesterday, when our sewer line backed up and both bathtubs were filled with disgusting waste-water that made me want to puke... Luckily, we got someone out to snake the line, so we shouldn't have that problem again for a while (the culprit? tree roots!). Still, I had to pee SO badly, and both toilets were backed up and the water was shut off... I thought I was going to die! I still don't know how I managed to make it as long as I did.

Fast forward to today... My parents were supposed to bring my grandma down to visit, since she's in town for my baby shower this weekend and has never seen our house before. I got up extra early to finish cleaning and make sure everything was perfect, only to get a call from my mom saying that Grandma wasn't feeling well, and that they weren't coming. I know that's not the sort of thing that can be helped, but I was still really sad. I was really looking forward to her seeing the house and meeting Charlie. She might come down tomorrow, if she's feeling better, but I was still upset about it.

The plan was that, when they arrived, we were going to drive to Gus' office, pick him up, and all go out to lunch someplace. So of course, Gus had no lunch, and we decided that I would come out and eat lunch with him- just the two of us. That was actually the best part of my day. We ate at Chipotle for the first time, and it was really good!!!

Then I decided to go to the mall and pick up a few things. It took me forever to find a parking spot and, when I did, it was close to Nordstrom but far from Crate & Barrel (the two places I was going). I did my Nordstrom shopping first, then trekked over to C&B. After I finished my shopping there, I began the hike back to the car... only to slip in something and practically do the splits right in the middle of the crowded mall. I caught myself such that the only part that hit the ground was my right knee (which hurts like heck), but it was surely a spectacular sight, with my bags flying all over the place and whatnot. And you know what??? Out of the huge crowd of people who saw it happen, ONE person actually asked me if I was okay. I mean I'm 7 months pregnant, and it's really obvious, and I make this dramatic fall in the middle of a crowded space, and ONE person asks if I'm okay??? I lost it at that point. I pulled myself together, dusted off, thanked the one man who helped me get my bags, and continued the hike through the mall. Trying. Not. To cry. I think it was a combination of hormones, the preceding events, the fact that the fall terrified me, and how people responded (or rather, didn't respond), but I just wanted to cry my eyes out. I forced myself to hold it all inside until I got to my car, but my nose was starting to run, my face was contorted, and my eyes were watering against my will... I barely made it. And then I cried for a good 15 minutes solid in the car, and then off-and-on my entire drive home.

So yeah... today sucks. I really couldn't stop crying, and I'm certain that's because of all the wonderful hormones. sigh... I think I need a nap...

2 comments:

Alayna said...

What a horrible day :( I'm so sorry it was so awful. And especially I'm sorry for your fall. I can't believe only one person asked if you were okay! How lame! I'm just glad you and the little guy are okay. And I hope tomorrow is much better!

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry! i'm going to cry with you! don't worry, I'm heading over to see you now. i hope you're okay.