Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Calling All Teachers!

Ok, my teacher-friends... I found the coolest thing today, and I am so excited!! I was going to make up a sort of Jeopardy game for my kids to play on Friday, based on the various rules and things we will have discussed by then. You know, something fun! Instead of going the old pocket-chart-and-index-card route, I thought I'd go high-tech and make a PowerPoint (since I have my whole computer/LCD projector setup). I started to work on it, and realized it would be a lot of work to make it look how I wanted it to. I wanted it to look like a real Jeopardy game! So I Googled it, and somehow managed to come up with this:
http://www.theindependentpublisher.com/framingham/math/jeopardy.ppt

It's AWESOME! All you have to do is download it, then you can go in and change the categories, questions, and answers. It's so simple, and somebody else has already done all the legwork! I can't wait to use this throughout the year! :)

In other news... I am officially 32 weeks today! I will post a new belly shot as a link in the right-hand column. I feel so gigantic and uncomfortable... but it freaks me out to think that this baby will be considered "full term" in only 5 weeks. HOLY CRAP! I had a nightmare last night that I had the baby TODAY (the day before school starts). I was panicking about getting a sub, getting lesson plans to them, etc. It was my typical "back to school" nightmare, but with a new twist. Eek!!!

No comments: