Thursday, August 16, 2007

Traumatic Thoughts...

So today was my first PAID day back at work, which I guess means that I am officially tenured!!! That thought actually hadn't crossed my mind until this very second- how exciting! At any rate, we had to sit through a district-wide in-service training on the new writing program we've adopted. It was incredibly dull, but at least I had Kori there to keep me entertained. We were meeting by grade level at different school sites, so I was only with other 5th grade teachers from the district. Which means that Kori and I were the only people from my school (our school is one of the smallest ones in the district).

Anyway, today was Kori's first day away from baby Owen, who is now 8 weeks old (hard to believe!!!). She was really upset about it the entire time, even though Owen was staying at home with his grandma (Kori's mother-in-law). She kept pulling out pictures of him to look at, and calling home to see how things were going. That's when it hit me: That will be ME on January 6th, when I have to go back to work after my maternity leave!! She was having such a hard time-- I can only imagine what a wreck I'll be. The good news is that our little guy will be closer to 12 weeks old at that point, so I'll at least have some more time with him before going back. Still, it's going to be traumatic. And I'll have to bring my breast pump to work every day, and figure out a pumping routine. So much to think about... I haven't even HAD the baby yet, and already I'm worrying about leaving him with someone!!! :(

So yeah... that is what I got out of today (since the training was virtually useless). I also realized that my due date is exactly two months from today. He's going to be here before we know it!!!

No comments: