Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lively Tune

So, I am having Lively Tune flashbacks today... What's that, you say?? Well, when we first moved into the house, I went on a mad painting rampage and painted pretty much every room (except the room that would ultimately become the nursery... see how I was thinking ahead?). Anyway, Gus really wanted our home office to be a light blue color. We went to Home Depot and picked out a shade called "Lively Tune." Sounds nice and happy, right? Well, once it was up on the wall, it looked very... off. It was more of a periwinkle than an actual blue-- it had too much purple in it. When people would come visit, I'd ask them what color they thought it was, and the results were split between "light blue" and "lavendar." After a month or two of living with it (and growing to hate it more and more each day), I finally repainted the room "Faded Denim," which was much better.

So fast-forward to this week... On Wednesday, I drove up to my parents' house to visit for the day. They happen to have the set of ALL the Sherwin-Williams paint chips, so I brought along the crib bumper to do come color-matching. I actually found matches for ALL the colors in the bedding, since my mom is working on some sort of Top Secret project, and she needed to know the colors. Anyway, the light blue in the bedding matched a color called "Cosmos." I picked up a sample of it today, and convinced the Frenchman to let me slather some on a wall in his room (hehe! part of my passive-aggressive "get out of my house" campaign). And sadly, I am reminded of Lively Tune... it has just a *hint* of purple in it, and I'm not sure whether or not I like it. Gus, on the other hand, thinks it's perfect. Then again, he picked Lively Tune in the first place! Plus, I think he might be a little bit color blind. But who knows... It's growing on me a little. All I can say is that I love Sherwin Williams-- not only do they have the BEST paint (seriously.. coming from someone who has painted a LOT), but they will also mix up a sample quart of any color for only $4.99. I ♥ them!

P.S. I should add that I have nothing against the color purple. What I don't like is when a color can't make up its mind! :P

No comments: