Thursday, June 28, 2007

Choosing Paint...

I am jumping the gun on getting the nursery started, since that room is currently under French occupation, but I can daydream, right?? Our very first piece of baby bedding arrived the other day, and Gus and I started talking about what colors to paint the walls of the room. All our furniture is white, and the bedding is pretty vibrant: red, green, yellow, white, and several shades of blue. At first, I thought we should paint the room blue (maybe two shades, even), but now I'm thinking it would make the bedding "disappear" into the walls. So, when I went to visit my parents yesterday, I brought the bumper with me and went through all their Sherwin-Williams paint chips (they bought the whole set-- very handy!). I am thinking now that we might go with yellow, since it's a nice bright color and not one that's too dominant in the bedding. I found a perfect match called "Daffodil," which also happens to be my favorite flower. Is it paint destiny??? Who knows! :P Anyway, I was playing around in Photoshop to see what it would look like... The color didn't come out as an exact match to the bedding, but it is in real life. What do you think??

Now, if only I could get my hands on that room... sigh... Long story...

No comments: