Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Blogiversary to Me! :)

I've got babies on the brain lately. I just found out a very good old friend is pregnant, and it made me think of way back when I first learned I was pregnant with Niko after months and months of trying. And it was on February 12th, 2007 that I finally saw a second line on a pregnancy test. I remember it so vividly. It was super early in the morning, and I forced myself to turn off the light and rest while I waited for the "results." Gus was in the shower, and I didn't tell him until after work that day. I did, however, tell the cat and the bird! haha!

Anyway... I wrote my very first blog post the next day, on February 13th. Seven years ago today! I meant to blog to just keep a record of my pregnancy, but then it was a great way to share baby pictures... and then I was pregnant again... and I've never gotten to a point where I've felt like I should stop. So, I won't. Not yet, anyway. I've definitely slowed down, as the kids (and life) have sped up. But I still like blogging about my babies, who really aren't babies anymore. sigh...

And yes, this baby factory is most definitely CLOSED! I will gladly enjoy other peoples' babies for short periods, while I enjoy the independence and freedom that have come with having slightly older kids. It is so nice having kids who can climb into/out of the car on their own, and one who can even buckle himself in. They can wipe their own noses and rear ends, dress themselves, brush their own teeth, entertain themselves in the morning without waking us up, and one can even take showers all by himself. It's taken a long time to get to this point, but I plan to relish it!! Times have certainly changed since seven years ago!

And, since I am feeling nostalgic... How about some pictures? Followed by a recent one. Happy Valentine's Day (tomorrow)!

No comments: