Wednesday, February 26, 2014

California Trip: Tuesday

Tuesday morning dawned bright and early. Despite going to bed well after midnight, both kids were up and ready to go at a quarter to six. Totally typical behavior for them, with the time change and all, but it was sort of painful for me! However, since we were all up and ready to go so early, we figured we might as well go to Knott's Berry Farm. We had toyed with the idea, but wanted to wait and see how the kids were feeling before committing to the plan. And they seemed up to it! So off we went. We left so early that we actually arrived before the park opened, and had to kill time by getting gas. I guess that's a perk to having children who wake up so darn early????

Anyway, we had a great time! The kids, especially Maya, were completely loopy because of their late night and early morning. But they had fun! I'd considered taking them to Disneyland, but it is SO expensive, and I wasn't sure how they would react (Niko is TERRIFIED of people in costume. Seriously.). Knott's was MUCH cheaper, and there were NO LINES. The place was practically empty! It was awesome!

We hung out mostly in the Camp Snoopy area, though my dad and I managed to squeeze in one "real" roller coaster. We also took Maya on the log ride later on, because she was begging to go on it. We tried to convince Niko to join us, and it's a good thing he refused-- he would have been freaked out by all the animatronic lumberjacks/animals and all the loud noises. Seriously, he would NOT have been a fan. At all. Here's a link to a YouTube video someone made of the ride. Yeah. He would've tried to climb out of the log!!

Without further ado... pictures!! I'd say they are pretty self-explanatory!
Mid-afternoon, the kids were just wiped. So we headed back to the house, and worked to keep them awake until their real bedtime (when they went to sleep immediately! they were SO tired!). I was pretty tired, too. I headed to bed early, planning to read for a bit before falling asleep... only to discover that my Kindle was gone. WAAAAH!!!! As soon as I discovered it was missing, I knew I had left it on the plane. And I was very, very sad. I filled out a "Left On Board" form on the United website, but it's been a week already... I think it's gone. It was a good old Kindle Keyboard, and I certainly got a lot of use out of it. I've ordered its replacement, which should be here this week. RIP, friend. (seriously... I was SO SAD. I love my Kindle!)

No comments: