Thursday, February 27, 2014

California Trip: Saturday

Saturday morning, I was up bright and early (again!) so that I could pick the kids up in Orange County on the way up to my brother's house. They were sad to say goodbye to the Greek branch of the family, but they perked up at the thought of spending time with their cousins. Including, of course, their newest cousin, who they hadn't even met (neither had I!!). We were anxious to get there!

Once we got there, Niko, Maya, and Colton played together like old buddies. I guess the occasional Skype session helps, because nobody went into "shy mode." Riley was absolutely adorable! She just started crawling, so she couldn't really hang with the big kids, but I got lots of baby snuggles. Cutest. Niece. EVER! I seriously wanted to steal her. :)
I also, of course, had to get the group shot for the grandparents!
The rest of the time, we just hung out together! The kids had a great time!
We had Grant's special homemade pizza for dinner, and then got the kids to bed. All three of the big kids slept in the same room. And they actually SLEPT! A miracle!! Grant read them bedtime stories on the bottom bunk of Colton's bed. There was no way he could squeeze in there, haha!
After they were asleep, we watched a screening copy of "Dallas Buyers Club," which was pretty good. We also ate It's-Its ice cream sandwiches, which are hard to find in parts of California and are near impossible to get anywhere else. So, SO good!! And Miss Riley woke up briefly right after I got in bed, but slept the rest of the night. Those kids were all worn out!

No comments: