Thursday, February 27, 2014

California Trip: Wednesday

Wednesday morning, the kids actually slept in a little bit. Niko was up at 6, and Maya got up around 6:30. Not too shabby, given the time change and all! Thankfully, my dad gets up early, so he kept them company until I came out (also around 6:30... I never did fully adjust to the time change on this trip!).

After breakfast, we all walked down the road to the neighborhood park. The weather was lovely! As our swing set is currently buried in the snow, the kids were were excited to swing and climb and slide to their hearts' content! Niko demonstrated his swinging mastery, and played some baseball with Grandpa on the grass. Another little boy at the park approached Maya and offered her a plastic crystal "jewel," which she silently accepted by opening up her pocket and nodding her head. Silly kids!
Back at the house, we did laundry and got the kids packed to go spend a few days with Yiayia and Papou. Mom and I went to get In-N-Out for lunch. Maya only recently discovered her love for cheeseburgers, and I wanted her to have one! She approved! (Niko had a hot dog)
Shortly after that, Yiayia arrived to pick the kids up and take them back to her house for a few days! She even brought them their favorite vanilla bean scones from Starbucks. And, just like that, I was kid-free. It was weird! We hung out at the house. I edited pictures. We drank wine. I repeat: weird. I am so used to having my kids with me 24/7. I almost didn't know what to do with myself!!

No comments: