Saturday, June 15, 2013

What a day!!

We began our morning with an early t-ball game on the BIG field... the one with the snack shack, the announcer booth, etc. It's where the older, more hardcore Little League teams play, and it is an amazing field. Such a fun experience!
And, even though this we still have one more game, the league decided that today would be a great day to pass out trophies to the t-ball kiddos, since they would all be playing at the field at some point. Niko loves his trophy! He currently has both this year's and last year's trophies on his nightstand, so he can gaze at them from his bed. Silly boy!

After the game, we came home and knocked out some chores. Because after lunch, it was hair and makeup time for our little dance star! She had her big recital this afternoon, and she was absolutely amazing. We'll be getting a copy of the DVD when it's ready, and I will definitely find a way to share it, but seriously... this kid loves being on stage. Who knew???? She can be so shy, but she apparently loves the limelight. She never stopped smiling, and she danced her little heart out! Her age group (the youngest kiddos) were the highlight of the show to begin with, simply because they were so little and adorable. But when I went to pick her up backstage, complete strangers were stopping her to tell her what a great job she did. And, of course, she went back to being Shy Maya. But yeah... she was a star! We were such proud parents!
--------------------------------
Ok, I have to add just one more! My friend's husband (also a photographer) brought his nice camera with him to take pictures of all the girls. This is one he got of Maya, and I love it! I don't regret my choice to bring my smaller camera, since it allowed me to be more "in the moment" and enjoy the show, but I really am glad he got this one of my sweet little cow, hehe!

No comments: