Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Got the camera out...

I don't think I posted about it on here, but I made the decision to close down my photography business about a month ago. I enjoyed it, but it just wasn't sustainable. And the more sessions I did, the less time I had for the kiddos and for my own sanity. It just wasn't worth it, and it was also sucking the joy out of photography for me. So, I shut it down. And I haven't regretted it for a minute, so I think it was the right decision!

Since then, however, I have hardly even taken out my bigger camera. I've been content to live more "in the moment" with my little point-and-shoot camera, which fits neatly into my purse, or clips onto my belt loop. It's certainly a lot more portable! But, despite being a very nice little camera, it simply can't do what my big ones can.

Anyway... I was outside playing badminton with the kids this afternoon (Niko's new obsession), and was thinking how nice the lighting was... I went in and grabbed my camera, and bribed the kids to take a few photos by promising to play more rounds of badminton. Yes, that actually worked! And here are some of the results! :)
In other news... Maya had her (long overdue) 4-year appointment at the doctor's office today. She weighed in at 32.8 pounds, and was 39 inches tall-- solidly at the 50th percentile for both! She also had her last shots until she is 12 years old. Three shots in total, which she took like a champ. She is doing great, but we already knew that! :)
And in OTHER-other news... my parents will be here tomorrow! They are currently in New York state, not too far from the Massachusetts border, on their cross-country trailer adventure! We've been tracking their progress, and the kids are so excited! Not just to see Grandma and Grandpa, but to also see The Trailer! I am pretty sure Niko wants to live in it, haha!

No comments: