Saturday, September 1, 2012

We're still alive!

Yes, it has been over a week since I last blogged! ACK!

Sometime last weekend, I made up my mind that now was the time to get my photography business up and running again. So most of this week has been consumed with that-- getting my business license, insurance, advertising, offering free sessions to my mommy friends, etc. And, I was both pleased and surprised to learn that, because of our home's location, we are also zoned for commercial use. So... I can have a studio in the house!! I had sort of hoped that would be the case, but having it confirmed by the town clerk finally allowed me to get excited about it. Our office, which is right by the front door and the powder room, has always been earmarked as a potential studio... and now it's starting to look like one! My friend Alicia (back in SoCal) is even making me a really cool vinyl wall decal of my logo, which will go in the middle of a display of my work. Exciting times!!

In other news, though... I joined a club last week! I'd been debating it for a long time, but they had a booth set up at a street fair we went to last weekend. Already, they have a wine and cheese event planned for new members, a Halloween party for the kids, and all sorts of other events. It's basically a social club for women, especially those who are new to the area. We even had a playdate yesterday with another mom from the club (who also lives here in town). AND we came away from that playdate with several large bags of 3T and 4T clothing that her daughter doesn't wear anymore. Maya is almost completely set with fall/winter clothing now! CRAZY! But in a good way!

The next few weeks are going to be busy. We are having a small cookout here tomorrow , with Caryn and her family. Maya starts dance class this week, and we have two playdates, too (one of which involves me taking pictures of my friend's Great Dane puppies, so she can sell them. SO CUTE!). Preschool for both kids starts on the 18th, and Gus' parents will be in town sometime around then for a visit. I'm also hosting a HUGE party here on the 22nd for pretty much all my online mommy group friends. Right now, we have people coming from Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and (obviously) Massachusetts. It's also a direct sales party for one of the girls (she sells Perfectly Posh, a line of spa/skincare stuff), and I'm the hostess, so I am looking forward to getting all sorts of free stuff!! Woohoo!

In the meantime, how about some pictures?? Here are just a few from today. I can't believe it's September already!!


P.S. If you happen to know anyone in the Central Massachusetts area in need of family portraits, throw them my way! http://www.sweetbriarphotography.com

No comments: