Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Planetarium

I haven't updated the blog in a few days, mostly because I've been super busy! I hosted a party here yesterday, which lasted most of the day. Which meant that I spent most of the day Friday preparing for said party. And then, Friday evening, I went to the newcomer's wine and cheese event for the club I just joined (which was really fun, and I enjoyed meeting all these ladies! lots of potential new friends there, plus I handed out my business card to quite a few people!). I also had two photo shoots last week, plus preschool, plus dance class, plus watching a friend's son, and so on... And did I mention that Nikos had a stomach bug earlier this week? I am EXHAUSTED! And I feel like this is just the beginning. Things seem to be speeding up, now that fall is here!

Speaking of which... I took this yesterday. Most of the trees here are still green, but random ones here and there have started to change-- like this one maple in our yard (which is still mostly green, except for a few branches). Our back yard is going to be spectacular soon! I can't wait! I also booked us a quick overnight trip up to Stowe, Vermont in a couple weeks-- right at the peak of "leaf peeping" time. So excited!
Anyway... Today was a family day. I asked the kids what they wanted to do, and Nikos instantly said that he wanted "to go to a planetarium." They had never been to one before, but "planetarium" was apparently the Word of the Day on Nick Jr. yesterday (or sometime recently). As it turns out, the children's science museum where we are members happens to have a planetarium. Admission to that is extra, so we had never done it. But they are also offering half-price tickets for the month of September. AND they have a show in there specifically for the preschool/kindergarten crowd. It was perfect! And it started at one o'clock, so we wolfed down some lunch and headed over there. The kids loved every second. It was a major hit!

After that, we did the usual... explored, played around with stuff, etc. I took pictures. As I said-- the usual!
Oh, and there were a ridiculous amount of wild turkeys in the parking lot, which I took a picture of. Little did I know I would see like three more flocks driving around our town in the afternoon. I nearly ran some of them over, there were so many! Crazy! And it also made me kind of hungry for Thanksgiving dinner, which I realize is sort of sick, ha!
And then we ran a few errands, which were less exciting to the kids but kind of thrilling for me. We bought a pretty fall wreath for our front door. It made me happy! And we bought some groceries, which were less exciting but still pretty important!

Then we relaxed for the remainder of the afternoon. Maya fell asleep on the couch.
Nikos and I drove over to his t-ball coach's restaurant to pick up the sweatshirt he earned for selling all his raffle tickets back in June (yes, it has taken this long!). He adores his coach, and the guy is really good with the kids, so it was fun. And Nikos loves his new sweatshirt! He wouldn't try it on, though, saying he is going to save that for a windy day. haha!

Anyhow, it was a nice day, but I am still wiped out. I just finished a cup of chai tea with honey, and think it might be time to get in bed and read my book. This week is bound to be just as busy, if not busier, than the last! Stay tuned! Tuesday should be especially exciting, haha!

No comments: