Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Puppies!!!

We went to visit the puppies today! My friend, Ashley, bred her Great Danes, and the puppies are a few weeks old now. They are beyond adorable! There are eleven of them, all with such different markings. I photographed them for her, so she can use the photos to help find them all homes. I won't share all the photos, just the one of my favorite little girl. She was the sweetest (and smallest). It's really too bad that we don't have a fence here, or I would be seriously tempted to bring this one home!
Anyway, the kids were very hesitant about seeing the puppies, at first. They are scared of dogs, which I have never really understood. But I didn't force them to come down to the basement to see them. Maya decided she would go with me, as long as I held her, and then she felt much more comfortable once she saw that they were contained in their box. Nikos eventually came down, too, to check them out.
Later on, after lunch, we played outside. Ashley brought the puppies out one at a time for their little photo sessions, haha! And Nikos and Maya started getting closer and closer to us. My children suddenly couldn't get enough of the puppies! I actually had to tell them to STOP petting the pups so I could get my pictures. But it was awfully sweet!
Speaking of sweet... Look at this face! They had a huge old cardboard box in their yard that had been made into a playhouse. Maya liked it, of course!
And then we all went on the swings. There were five kids and only four swings, so the three bigger kids took turns on the two big-kid swings. When it wasn't Nikos' turn, we looked over to see him pushing Lydia (who is his age). Awwww...
And Lydia apparently thought Nikos was pretty cool, because she kept trying to plant kisses on him when we were getting ready to go. I just barely caught this one on camera. haha!! His face cracks me up!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun, and I think everyone will sleep well tonight.

No comments: