Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dancing

I don't have any photos to post today, but just wanted to share how well our tiny dancer did in her class this morning! The past two Wednesdays, Maya has sort of stood-and-observed for a good portion of dance class, usually opening up and participating close to the end of the lesson. Today, though, she was ready from the get-go! She did SO well, and I was so proud of her! She listened to her teachers, and really did her best to copy their moves and do what they said. I might even go so far to say that she was one of the star pupils today! She didn't just copy their moves; she did it with style! I love that kid!

Anyway, I think that her first day of preschool was similar... She can be very shy when put into a new situation, but she is VERY observant. She told me about everything they did at preschool yesterday, but Nikos told me that she sat and watched pieces of it (as opposed to participating). Tomorrow is day two of preschool, and I really hope she continues to open up! I want them to see the Maya we know and love at home-- a total sweetheart who is so full of happiness and has a total zest for life! I can't wait to get the full report!

On a completely different front... my photography business is gradually starting to take off here! I offered a bunch of free sessions to people I know, and it's starting to snowball. I am also putting together an auction item for a pricey private preschool not too far from here. Things are really coming together, and I couldn't be more thrilled! :)

No comments: