Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wicked Cuteness!

Please note my feeble attempt to fit in here by using "wicked" as an adverb. hahaha! It's been on my mind today, since it seems like everyone I spoke to used it in some way. And I never do! Some things might never change!

At any rate... Today was Maya's first dance class! She was so excited when I reminded her this morning, and she flung herself into my lap saying, "Thank you, Mommy!!" It was the sweetest! No matter how big she gets, she is still such a total snugglebug. So I got smothered with hugs and kisses, and then we made our way downstairs.

The morning seemed to drag on, but it was finally time to get ready! I wanted to take a few pictures of my baby girl in her outfit, so I got her to come into my (soon-to-be-complete) studio for a mini session. Her smiles were all very forced and fake, but I just loved this one. My tiny dancer!
And then it was time to go. We got to the dance studio, and it was pretty chaotic. Caryn was there with her kids, so Nikos and Evan found some chairs and instantly began playing Angry Birds on their respective tablets. We didn't hear a peep from these two the entire time, which sort of shocked me!
Maya was happy to see Paige there, along with her other playmate, Catherine. I snapped this picture of her and Paige before class, but Catherine (and her mom, my friend Jen) showed up a shortly thereafter...
And then it was time to dance. Maya did NOT want me to leave the actual room. She didn't cry, but she wouldn't stay with the group and kept wandering back out to the waiting room. And her teacher kept reassuring her that I would be waiting right there, and leading her back to the class. That only happened about twice. Then, while the kids were doing various movements, I noticed that Maya would move her legs, but not her arms. She was picking at her nails, a nervous habit she has developed. Still, she was listening and staying with the group. And THEN they switched from ballet to tap, and she was like a new kid. She was grinning and laughing and having a BLAST! The door was open for a bit when tap started, so I was able to snap a quick pic inside the class... (that's Paige in the black leotard on the left).
Before we knew it, it was done and all the girls were getting lollipops! Maya was happy as can be, and can't WAIT to go back! I had fun, too, getting to talk to the three moms I already know in the class, and meeting a few more. I think this class was a fantastic choice for our baby girl!

When we got home, I was GIDDY to discover that I had a few packages waiting for me on the porch. Even more so, once I saw that they were nice and dry (the remnants of hurricane Isaac have been slamming us with rain for the past two days). I had two rolls of seamless background paper, as well as a studio light with a softbox cover. I still need the bulbs for the light, but I couldn't wait to try out the new paper. So I broke open the "Country Blue," and pleaded with my children to just pose for a few minutes. And I got this, which I looooooooove!
I also got this. haha!
Anyway, it was a good day. Humid and gross, but otherwise good. We have two playdates over the next few days, and a busy weekend ahead. Lots to look forward to! Here's hoping I remember to post about it! :)

No comments: