Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Day of Preschool!

Today, BOTH my babies went to preschool. It was threatening to rain, so I dragged them outside the house for a few quick photos before we left...
Gus stayed home long enough so that we could both take them to school and get them settled. It didn't take much! Nikos was, of course, familiar with all the routines. And Maya knew pretty much what it would be like, since she came with me to drop Nikos off all the time last year.

First, they went and found their hooks in the coatroom. I was surprised that Nikos didn't comment on the fact that his new hook is in a different spot than it was last year. I think he was too excited to notice/care, haha!
After that, they put their name cards in the bucket (their way of "signing in") and picked an area to play in (that's what they do until all the kids arrive, then they have circle time). Nikos was so cute, wanting to show Maya everything! They ended up deciding to color at one of the fine motor tables. Nikos even handed Maya a crayon (purple, her favorite color!) which she then traded in for yellow.
At that point, after playing paparazzi in the preschool, Gus and I said our goodbyes and left. They didn't even give us a second glance! I knew they would have a great time. :)

And then I had free time. FREE. TIME. Two and a half hours of it. So I did what anyone would do, and went to get a haircut. I tried out the place across the street from us, and was very pleased. I will definitely go back! I think I lost about two pounds of hair today (literally). My head feels so ridiculously light-- I love it!

I picked the kiddos up right before lunch, and they were all smiles. Nikos was thrilled that the teacher picked him to put today's date on the calendar during circle time ("Today is Tuesday, September 18th," he informed me). Maya said her favorite part of the day was snack time, which is not surprising. Our baby girl must have her daddy's metabolism, because she eats and eats and eats, and is still a tiny little thing! But all in all, they both had a great day. They were talking about it all afternoon!

Now, it's time for bed, and it's pouring rain outside. Here's hoping that we don't lose power! Some people in the state already have... ugh!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh they are so cute! Glad everyone had a good first day. :)