Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trucks, Diggers, and Cruisers!

We went to an event in the next town over today, where the kids got to check out all sorts of vehicles. They had bulldozers, street sweepers, cherry-pickers, fire trucks, ambulances, police cruisers-- you name it! It was only an hour long, but all the vehicles were open for exploration, which was very cool!

However, "cool" it was not! I think today was the hottest day we've had so far. Mid-90s with CRAZY humidity-- I thought I would die! It was made worse by the fact that I've made up my mind to finish painting the kitchen cabinets this week. By the time I had completed a coat of paint this morning, I knew I couldn't go out in public without a shower! It was just gross! Still, the kids had fun, and I am on track to finish the kitchen tomorrow afternoon. Everyone wins!

How about some pictures?
Later, when we got home, I decided to snap a few quick pics of my garden, which is going crazy! I have about a billion tomatoes growing, along with a bunch of bell peppers and green beans. My lettuce has been very happy since day one, and we can easily get enough for a dinner salad any time we want. And we have broccoli now!! The heads are starting to sprout in the middle of the plants! And then there are the cucumbers, which seem to have sprung up overnight. The kids are so excited to make pickles! WOOHOO for our little garden doing so well!!! YAY!

No comments: