Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just Checking In

I know, it's been a few days since I posted anything (gasp!). I have spent this time busting my booty working on our house. Mainly, painting the kitchen cabinets. It is so time-consuming, but I am on a roll at this point! I'd post pictures, but I really want to wait until I am all done. Rest assured that it looks fantastic, though! :) It's just an ongoing challenge to work on the house while simultaneously attending to the kids and keeping everyone happy. Some days I am better at finding the balance than others!

Anyway... Today was another paint-the-cabinets day, with a trip to the supermarket thrown in for good measure (and for food, which is always handy!). I also dragged the kids to the hardware store for a can of black spray paint, and to the dollar store for some cheap picture frames (both stores are right by the market). I was inspired to paint some old frames and set up a photo wall in the kitchen, and it's looking pretty good so far! But again... no photos until the end! I am really pleased with how the kitchen is coming together. Once the countertops are replaced, it is going to be a focal point in our house, without question! I am loving it already!

However, I couldn't paint all day long without the kids getting mad at me. They started begging to go to the pool when we went to the market, since that was when they realized how hot it was outside (inside our house was very comfortable!). So I took them for a quick dip (about 40 minutes), and they made the most of it! Maya fell asleep as soon as we got home, so she was clearly worn out! Success!

At any rate... I am completely wiped out from working so hard, and am having trouble forming coherent sentences this late at night. So I will leave you with this photo of our boy from yesterday, with his sharp new haircut! He actually did great, and even let us cut his nails (for a price! he earned points and, ultimately, a prize). Love our little haggler!!

No comments: