Friday, July 27, 2012

My Garden

...has officially gone crazy. It's SO COOL! I love that it's right by the front door, so I can stare at it from multiple rooms. Everything is so lush and green. My tomatoes are absolutely insane. I have two plants: one cherry, and one regular, and probably have over a hundred tomatoes on the two combined. They are still green, but WOW, there are a lot! My bell pepper plants have a handful of peppers on them, my lettuce is massive, I have cucumbers hanging all over the place, green beans everywhere... and so on. Oh, and the broccoli! The plants are huge, but they have suddenly sprouted these giant heads of actual, edible broccoli! They are such weird-looking plants, but they are clearly very happy. Looks like we'll be eating lots of veggies in the next few weeks!

I went out to take some pictures after our play date this morning. It's been raining, so there are drops of water on everything. But I went back to look for a "before" picture, and realized that I took one EXACTLY two months ago-- to the day! What a difference a few months makes! The little plants in the back are my tomato plants, and the ones in the center/front are the broccoli seedlings. CRAZY!
Broccoli (I have eight plants just like this!)
One of many, many cucumbers:
A few tomatoes. I can't wait for them to ripen! I think I need to find some really good marinara sauce and salsa recipes and do some canning!

No comments: