Monday, July 30, 2012

They're still here!

I figured I'd post pics of the kids tonight, to make up for all the garden pictures I've been sharing. I actually got some good ones of them today!! We spent a lot of the morning outside, as I needed to get our tent ready for our camping trip this weekend. On our last trip, our campsite was very sandy/dirty, and we got rained on quite a bit. As a result, the we ended up with a lot of sand inside the tent, and the bottom of the tent was muddy. We had folded it up loosely and dumped it in the bed of the truck, opting to deal with the mess later. Well, today was "later"! I pitched the tent all by myself (not an easy task!), swept all the mess inside to one end, and vacuumed it out with the shop vac. Then I left it out in the sun to air out for a bit before I managed to (miraculously!) fold it up perfectly and get it (and all its pieces) back into the carrying case. That was my accomplishment of the day!! I also lugged the tubs of camping gear into the kitchen and took inventory. We're in pretty good shape. I can't wait for this weekend!

When I wasn't wrestling with the tent, I helped Maya pick more berries (we only found a few more ripe ones) and I played frisbee with Nikos. He is surprisingly good (my brother would be proud, haha!)! We also baked cookies. And I took a few pictures, which I am in love with. These are the best kids in the entire world!!! :)

No comments: