Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beautiful Day with my Best Friends

The title of this post will make more sense when you see the video I'm going to share, but really, it does sum up our day! We celebrated our anniversary by cleaning the house, doing a TON of yardwork (that was ALL Gus!), and enjoying time together outside for a good chunk of the day. And these three people (Gus and the kids) really ARE my best friends, and I couldn't imagine a better way to spend this gorgeous day! So... Yay!

Anyway... Like I said, Gus worked hard in the yard this morning, while I worked in the house. I finished before he did, though, and took the kids out back to play. As a result, Nikos the No-Nap Kid was worn out and, despite repeated denial, promptly fell asleep when Gus asked him if he wanted to snuggle on the couch. And Gus, having busted his booty in the yard all morning, conked out right away, too. And I, of course, grabbed my camera, because that is what I do!

(I like to compare the above picture to this one, taken when Nikos had just come home from the hospital... Oh, the sweetness!!)

At around 3, Maya woke up from her nap (as usual). But the two boys were still slumbering away in the living room, so I took her outside to play some more. She got it into her head that she neeeeeeded to blow bubbles, and I did my best to dissuade her. Yes, I am a mean mommy. But we have some issues with blowing bubbles. Namely, she tends to stick the wand in her mouth, which is gross. And she absolutely refuses to let me hold the bubble solution for her... which means that the first time she successfully blows a bubble, she chases after it and ends up dumping the entire thing out on the grass. Doh! So, like I said, I tried to talk her out of it. It wasn't going very well, until I noticed the dusty old bubble maker (a gift from someone a few years back... I can't remember who, though, so please forgive me!) sitting on our patio shelf. Well, I pulled it down, checked for spiders, cleaned it up, and loaded it with bubble solution. And we were good to go!

And boy did we go! I forgot how AWESOME that thing is! It makes HUGE bubbles, most of which are bubbles-within-bubbles. There were a few gigantic ones that contained four or even five smaller bubbles. It was insane! And completely entertaining! Here are just a few pics of the fun. Nikos and Gus came out and joined us when they finally woke up (around 4:15!).



And then there's this video I feel compelled to share. This is a typical evening around our house. Nikos loves this song right now (it's his favorite), and we listened to it probably 15 times before dinner. This is a composite of three separate clips, in which my children are silly and think they are rock stars. I especially love the part about halfway through where Maya starts "singing" (in complete gibberish) into the handle of our push broom.

Seriously, these kids are crazy. And I love them. That is all!

No comments: