Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Good Life

You know how sometimes you go to the grocery store, and you end up buying so much more than usual? Like you run out of all the most basic things at once? Well, that was today. We were at the market for a pretty long time. Luckily, the kids were cooperative, AND they got to talk to the firefighters in line with us and see the big firetruck out in the parking lot. That always helps!

Anyway... today was otherwise fairly uneventful. The kids Skyped for a bit with their cousin, which was really cute. It was the first time they'd ever done it, but it's definitely something they need to do more often! They loved singing his favorite songs to him, and he replied in his cute 9.5-month-old fashion ("singing" back and trying to push computer buttons, haha!).

Both kids took great naps (hallelujah!), and we got in some nice outside/"swimming" time afterwards. This little wading pool is so tiny, yet so perfect! It fills up quickly (requiring less water, obviously), and heats up nicely while they nap. And the bottom inflates as well, so they can jump and splash and be totally wild to their hearts' content without getting hurt. Love it!

After they were completely worn out, we watched a little TV and I gave Nikos the new scissors I bought him. He's never really tried cutting before, and I thought it was time! We discussed the rule (scissors are only for cutting the paper Mommy gives you... not hair, clothing, people, mail, etc.). I asked him which hand he wanted to use, and he held out his left one. He is so totally a lefty! I always ask him, first, but he uses his left hand for everything! And I made sure to buy scissors that would work for him. The little guy patiently sat on the floor and practiced cutting a sheet of paper for nearly half an hour!

Then he willingly relinquished them to me so I could put them "where Maya won't get them because they're for big kids, not her." Love that kid!

And, on a side note, I just realized that I have been blogging nearly every day! ha! It's totally driven by whatever pictures I take on a given day, and me wanting to share them. And with me being home now, I take a lot more pictures! But there's no way I can maintain this pace, and it will get boring, I know... So worry not! I will relax, haha!

No comments: