Saturday, June 25, 2011

Today

We got up, cleaned the house (as usual), and eventually got dressed. Maya interpreted my instructions to "go get your clothes" a little creatively, and ended up with this fine ensemble. Crazy kid!

Once we got dressed in our real clothes, we headed out to visit Gus at work! Both kids enjoyed playing around Daddy's office, but they enjoyed their oh-so-nutritious lunch (Happy Meals) even more. sigh!


We got back right at naptime, and Maya was already fading in the car. I thought for sure she would conk out immediately. Alas, that was not the case! The little booger played and played and played in her bed, ultimately succumbing to sleep an hour or so later. And then she slept until 4pm (late for her), surrounded by her books and toys that she had dragged in with her.

Meanwhile, Nikos had no plans to nap, as has been the case all week. No biggie, I just tell him to rest on the couch and he watches some quiet TV until Maya wakes up. Today, though, he insisted on us building a zoo out of Jenga blocks. He really put a lot of thought into it, making sure that the hippo enclosure contained a large pool and that the giraffes had trees to eat off of. And then he asked me to take a picture to show Maya when she woke up.

Moments later, the little booger settled down on the couch to watch "Cars" (his favorite movie of all time). Not five minutes later, he was snoring and curled up like this. And he stayed that way for nearly two hours!

Anyway, it was a good day! One of my favorite parts was when Nikos told me, "I like when daddy calls me 'son.' It's like a beauuuuutiful sunshine!" I laughed, but it was so sweet! Gus always says, "Goodnight, son" when he tucks him in, and Nikos loves it. Come to think of it, he also mentioned it when we saw him for the first time after getting back from Alaska! He said something to the effect of, "Now you're home, so you can tuck me in and call me 'son,' okay Daddy?"

I love my kids! :)

No comments: