Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Living in Limbo

Today was both cool and weird, if I do say so myself!

My awesome coworker/friend, Angie (hi Angie!), threw a "Bye-Bye Briar Barbecue" at her house. It was really nice to see my coworkers in a relaxed setting, now that we're all on vacation, and have the opportunity to say goodbye. Except it doesn't FEEL like a goodbye, since nothing is finalized yet! I mean, step one is getting the house (which we will hopefully hear about by the end of next week). Then, of course, there is the chance that we won't get it... which means we'll need to plan an emergency house-hunting trip to MA and hopefully find something we like that is NOT a short sale. Then, of course, we need to secure the loan and whatnot, and that could take a while. Ugh. The whole thing is just frustrating. And, since nothing is set in stone, the idea of saying goodbye to these wonderful people with whom I've shared six years of my life just hasn't sunk in yet. sigh.

And on the home front, it's the same thing. I am having an identity crisis! Who am I right now? Am I a stay-at-home-mom? Or am I a teacher on summer vacation? I feel like I am still a teacher, and I doubt that feeling will go away until school starts up again and I am not in a classroom.

As a planner and type-A personality, this living in limbo business bites the big one. I HATE it! Here's hoping for some (good!) news, and soon!

In the meantime... I have gotten back into the swing of things after a week of carefree vacationing. While I still feel like I am bobbing around on a ship most of the time, I have managed to keep the kidlets entertained. Yesterday, it was all about the wading pool, which they splashed around in for over an hour!


And after that, they insisted on having a picnic.

I guess summer is here! :)

No comments: