Friday, March 12, 2010

Butt Spiders & Babies in Bars

I have debated whether or not to post this story on here, in the event that my wonderful son sees it one day and becomes embarrassed. But then I realized that it's just TOO FUNNY not to share! So here goes!

I was cooking dinner last night, and Nikos was playing very nicely at his train table about 20 feet away. All of a sudden, he SHRIEKED, ran over to me, started crying hysterically, and really looked terrified. I was scared, too, because obviously something had happened... right? I got him to calm down enough to talk, but all he could do was sob, "A spider get me!!! A spider get me!!!" I didn't see any spiders on him anywhere. So I asked him where the spider got him. He proceeded to point to his butt.

Being a good mommy, I carried him into Maya's room and plunked him on the changing table for inspection. When I removed his diaper, there was definitely something right where he had been pointing... but it was not a spider. Nope, it was a little nugget of toddler poop. And as soon as I got him cleaned up, he announced that the spider was all gone. In addition, he told me that "Muno likes bugs." (Muno is a character on "Yo Gabba Gabba") I just about died laughing. :)

Fast forward to today... My coworkers had planned a happy hour at a local restaurant-- one just a few minutes from our house by car. I hadn't originally planned on going, but figured I'd pop in for a bit to at least say hello. I decided to bring the kids with me, since it was at a nice restaurant and not some dive bar. Maya was perfectly happy being passed from person to person, and Nikos was content to sit and color. Until BRADY showed up! Yes, out of the blue, his good friend from daycare showed up with his mom, who was there for a happy hour with HER coworkers (she's also a teacher). Anyway, the two boys were SO funny. They basically ran between the two happy hour groups, played cars on the floor and, at one point, seated themselves and their toys at a table for two. We were out on the enclosed patio, and we were the only ones there, so it was great. I ended up staying for over an hour AND had a glass of wine, because it went so well! Hooray for toddler friends! :)

No comments: